Yesterday, Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studio announced that the latest Neverwinter update is now available to play. The update, named Swords of Chult, just arrived on PC, with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions to follow soon.
In the new Neverwinter update, players will have to defend Port Nyanzaru from the attacking hostiles that come from the nearby jungles. This is the plot of the new dynamic Skirmish, that “will change each time it is played.”
Additionally, Cryptic Studios made some changes to some PvP mechanics, as well as several other enhancements. You can read the full list of changes below:
- “The Merchant Prince’s Folly” Skirmish – Port Nyanzaru is filled with riches and the enemies of Chult want them. A defense of the city and its inhabitants is in order in an all-new, dynamic five-player Skirmish for adventurers at the endgame. Save the city for new rewards!
- PvP Updates – In this update, the Tenacity stat has been replaced, PvP items now scale even more with the activity, plus armor penetration has been changed further and control effects now have diminishing returns. Swords of Chult also introduces a new set of PvP gear, a permanent Solo PvP Queue and more.
- Inventory Management Updates – In an effort to improve the quality of life for item management, new sorting options have been incorporated into the UI allowing players to sort all items, identify all items, sell all treasure and tweak other display options.
- Refinement System Changes – Adventurers can also look forward to a more streamlined refinement experience, allowing them to bulk convert items into RP, as well as manage them incrementally as before.
- Campaign Progression for Alts – Players with multiple characters in Neverwinter will now have the option to create a Signet of Patronage for several endgame campaigns. These may be applied to alt characters to progress through supported campaigns much faster.
If you would like to try the new Neverwinter update for yourself, the game is Free-to-Play on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. For more information, check out the game’s official website. You can also see some screenshots from the new content in the gallery below.